The Grey Heart
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For those of us without color; we are the Grey Hearts.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Twilight...

Go down 
+3
Raziya Amunet
Psycho Kitty
Carnivorous Muffin
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Psycho Kitty
Admin
Psycho Kitty

Twilight... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight...   Twilight... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 9:33 pm

Riku + Twilight / Sora's brain cell count = ...
Well, you get an irrational number everytime you divide by zero.
But still, nothing good would come of such a combination of numbers.
Back to top Go down
kissing_cate_barlow

kissing_cate_barlow

PostSubject: Re: Twilight...   Twilight... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 9:43 pm

Breaking Dawn bad
others are okay
Back to top Go down
Galleon

Galleon

PostSubject: Re: Twilight...   Twilight... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 9:50 pm

kissing_cate_barlow wrote:
Breaking Dawn bad
others are okay

Well then, it must be pretty damn good.

I think Breaking Dawn was one of the best books in the series - Second only to New Moon. Down with Pre-BreakingDawn!Edward and up with JACOB! Mwahaha
Back to top Go down
Raziya Amunet
Admin
Raziya Amunet

PostSubject: Re: Twilight...   Twilight... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 9:55 pm

I still think Eclipse was the best.

She should've stopped the series at Eclipse.

Breaking Dawn was a complete joke.

However, I just read on her website the explanation of Renesmee's birth, and it does make sense.

If anyone wants the link, let me know.
Back to top Go down
https://thegreyhearts.forumotion.net
kissing_cate_barlow

kissing_cate_barlow

PostSubject: Re: Twilight...   Twilight... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 9:57 pm

i wants it
... i guess breaking dawn wasn't too bad it just kinda disappointed me
Back to top Go down
Galleon

Galleon

PostSubject: Re: Twilight...   Twilight... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 6:09 pm

Raziya Amunet wrote:
Breaking Dawn was a complete joke.

-.-

I'll give you that Renesmee's name(Not Carlie because that was cute) was a joke, and Jacob's part was a little too long (Bella is the protagonist after all), but I liked the rest. Especially the battle at the end of it all...even if her Multiple Personalities kicked in (a.k.a. Mom, Sex Goddess, Amazon Warrior Chick).

The plot line was fantastic, and Vampire Bella kicked ass, there was just so many changes within one book. I think that's why so many people were upset with it. It was fast-paced, slow with lots of filler with Jacob, and then fast-paced again.

If she had presented the story just a little better and maybe spread it out between two books instead of one(Even though I get that writing the series is quite a handful), I think it would have been a lot better received. But I'm still going to give her major kudos for it. Plot and Symbolism are the quickest ways to win me over and since she brought those two into it - I'm all good.

Last edited by Galleon on Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kissing_cate_barlow

kissing_cate_barlow

PostSubject: Re: Twilight...   Twilight... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 6:11 pm

i hate it
i love it then i hate it again
i don't know it's a vicious cycle and thinking about it too much makes my head hurt
Back to top Go down
Raziya Amunet
Admin
Raziya Amunet

PostSubject: Re: Twilight...   Twilight... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 7:42 pm

Um, Vampire Bella was a complete mockery of who Bella IS. After she becomes a vampire, nobody even ACTS the same. Nobody acts the same once they realize she's PREGNANT! Everyone is very OOC and the whole damned book is like reading a FanFiction written by a thirteen-year-old fangirl!

The only thing that I even remotely ADORE is the fact that Bella had the chance at a child. And Meyer's website explains the reasoning for that. But everything else just sucks in general.
Back to top Go down
Galleon

Galleon

PostSubject: Re: Twilight...   Twilight... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 11:15 pm

Who Bella is? Bella is whoever the hell Meyer wants her to be. The thing that changed everything was the kid, and that tends to be a huge factor when it comes to personality. If everyone was unaffected by it, THAT would be a fanfiction. And God knows I've read enough of them to know.

Bella's personality changed because she became married/a mother/warrior/vampire was realistic. Faced with all of that, who wouldn't change? How can you, in all honesty, face so many life changing things and NOT change.

Everything else that changed was explained.

Why did Rosalie start befriending Bella? She didn't. She was SELFISHLY choosing the baby and built a mutual understanding/respect with Bella because they finally agreed on something.

Why did Alice leave? Because wasting a moments time could jeopardize their chance of winning. Because Jasper would die and she chose him over everyone else. And no one could argue that that's out of character. She did it in New Moon.

This is why I think she should have spread it out. You read it all in one sitting and expect a plot with the imputed Bella as the exact same as the outputted. Things don't work like that.

On the pregnancy issue, I'm not even seeing where you get OOC from. It seemed like everyone was exactly where they should be. They thought she would die from the "hellish spawn" inside of her. It wasn't going to be "Oh! Bella's having a kid. YAY! Esme! Alice! Go start the baby shower!"
Back to top Go down
Raziya Amunet
Admin
Raziya Amunet

PostSubject: Re: Twilight...   Twilight... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 8:06 am

Edward asked Jacob to have babies with Bella. Even in previous books when he KNEW that Jacob was Bella's only option for that path, he refused to hand her over. Edward despises Jacob, and for him to ask that of Jacob really is OOC.

Bella, instead of even acting like a newborn, is all "WOo hoo! This is awesome, look at what I can do!" And it's all very childish and stupid. Not to mention, changes happen OVER TIME, and for everyone to just suddenly snap to attention in a few short days is NOT REALISTIC.

Jacob imprinting on the child was just a dumb move anyway. After two long years of being madly and hopelessly in love with Bella, he suddenly imprints on her child? Oh, the irony!

The WAY that the book is written, the STYLE it's written it, didn't even have Meyer's voice to it. Plus, the reason I say it's like a fanfiction is because I've already read "Breaking Dawn" ELSEWHERE. Granted, in that story Bella had twins, but still. It was pretty freaking close to Breaking Dawn. Therefore, obviously Meyer's originality isn't that great.

Breaking Dawn could have been A LOT better. A lot. It was a huge joke. I hated it. End of story.
Back to top Go down
kissing_cate_barlow

kissing_cate_barlow

PostSubject: Re: Twilight...   Twilight... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 5:11 pm

Neutral
Back to top Go down
Galleon

Galleon

PostSubject: Re: Twilight...   Twilight... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 5:54 pm

Lol, this is getting us absolutely no where. Smile We'll have to just agree to disagree.
Back to top Go down
kissing_cate_barlow

kissing_cate_barlow

PostSubject: Re: Twilight...   Twilight... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 6:33 pm

lol! but whats the fun in that?
Back to top Go down
Psycho Kitty
Admin
Psycho Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Twilight...   Twilight... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 10:47 pm

Seriously guys...
This arguement is like running the special Olympics.
Where, even if you win, you're still a R-Tard.
Back to top Go down
kissing_cate_barlow

kissing_cate_barlow

PostSubject: Re: Twilight...   Twilight... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 11:02 pm

yay for r-tards!
Back to top Go down
Galleon

Galleon

PostSubject: Re: Twilight...   Twilight... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 3:24 pm

Hey guys! I just realized..this topic is smokin' hot!!! Rawr
Back to top Go down
Carnivorous Muffin

Carnivorous Muffin

PostSubject: Re: Twilight...   Twilight... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 9:33 pm

Raziya Amunet wrote:
'Tis Lenne. She's speaking in engrish. Hurray for LOL CATS. [:

i is barbys byofreind??/
Back to top Go down
kissing_cate_barlow

kissing_cate_barlow

PostSubject: Re: Twilight...   Twilight... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 10:54 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
Oscar Wilde

Oscar Wilde

PostSubject: Re: Twilight...   Twilight... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 6:28 pm

Being a literary genius, (I mean come on I wrote "The Picture of Dorian Gray") I would like it known that I have scientifically proven that Twilight is trash. Don't ask me how, I wont prove it to you. I would also like it stated that I would shag me that muffin like there's no tomorrow, & that Harry Potter is a Douche-Bot. elephant And, there's an elephant for good measure!
Back to top Go down
Galleon

Galleon

PostSubject: Re: Twilight...   Twilight... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 3:20 pm

Oscar Wilde wrote:
Being a literary genius, (I mean come on I wrote "The Picture of Dorian Gray") I would like it known that I have scientifically proven that Twilight is trash. Don't ask me how, I wont prove it to you. I would also like it stated that I would shag me that muffin like there's no tomorrow, & that Harry Potter is amazing and I wish I was as cool as him. elephant And, there's an elephant for good measure!

Yeah - I can see why you're a literary genius.
Back to top Go down
Project Ninjah

Project Ninjah

PostSubject: Re: Twilight...   Twilight... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 4:12 pm

^ Insert real thread troll post.

Sounding like a normal thread already. Is there supposed to be that kind of hostility?
Back to top Go down
Galleon

Galleon

PostSubject: Re: Twilight...   Twilight... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:02 pm

It hasn't been updated in a while...so...HERE!

Sorry guys, but I think PK will get a kick out of this.
Back to top Go down
Psycho Kitty
Admin
Psycho Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Twilight...   Twilight... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 6:27 pm

I'll get a kick outta what?

-goes to read thread-
Back to top Go down
kissing_cate_barlow

kissing_cate_barlow

PostSubject: Re: Twilight...   Twilight... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 4:18 pm

-brain begins to melt-
Back to top Go down
Psycho Kitty
Admin
Psycho Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Twilight...   Twilight... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:10 am

"Begins"?
Since when did any of us have one to speak of?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twilight...   Twilight... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Twilight...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Grey Heart :: General Discussion :: Books-
Jump to: