The Grey Heart
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For those of us without color; we are the Grey Hearts.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My personal favorites.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zabieru Amunet

Zabieru Amunet

My personal favorites. Empty
PostSubject: My personal favorites.   My personal favorites. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 11:47 pm

Wow, plays, musicals, etc....

I have to say the best thing I ever saw with my own eyes was going to Broadway with my old Theater teacher. I saw one of the last performances of Cats. Also saw Spamelot (hilarious!), and a modernized incarnation of West Side Story. Which in itself was a "modernized" version of Romeo and Juliet. Still genius.

Aside from that I did have the pleasure of seeing a production called "Pompeii" on it's opening night here in Wilmington, NC before going to Broadway itself. Before that night they had only performed for select critics, and received amazing reviews. It was a brilliantly constructed story of the final hours before the eruption of Vesuvius, excellent musical score, and amazing cast members with hauntingly beautiful voices.

Though my favorite musical ever has to be the Jekyll and Hyde musical starring David Hasselhoff. Don't ask why. For some reason I found it actually quite amazing for the Hoff. And so far nothing has knocked it from my fav spot.

I'm also guessing live concerts are considered a performance art? Best shows I ever attended:
One was ZZ Top and Lynyrd Skynyrd and got to shake hands with both bands. It was a BLOWOUT.
Two was Disorientation 2k3 at Strawberry Hill in Richmond, Virginia. Within walking distance of my old house. There were slews of bands there. I went to see Andrew W.K., Lit, and my personal friends Saint Diablo. Other band swere Story of the Years, Yellowcard, Switchfoot, but eh...for me they suck. After the show, we're hanging out front, gates are closed, waiting for our ride. When there's about maybe less than ten of us left, Andrew W.K. comes walking around the corner out of nowhere just to hang with us. For no reason. Just hanging. Said we looked bored so he figured he'd help provide entertainment. He's an awesome guy even if his music IS quite repetitive.
Third is Godsmack/Metallica show. I took my 70's style Eric Clapton signature Fender Strat guitar with me. And by the end of the night my gf at the time and I were conversing with both bands. She got her pic taken on Sully's lap and got my guitar signed by James and Kirk. I miss that guitar. Long story and this post is long enough.

That's all I got to say about that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/IvanAufulich
Galleon

Galleon

PostSubject: Re: My personal favorites.   My personal favorites. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 5:48 pm

If you don't mind me asking..What did happen to the guitar? You get some kick ass guitar signed and then it's gone? It really does sound tragic. Sad
Back to top Go down
kissing_cate_barlow

kissing_cate_barlow

PostSubject: Re: My personal favorites.   My personal favorites. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 5:59 pm

that would piss me off if my guitar went missing
Back to top Go down
Zabieru Amunet

Zabieru Amunet

PostSubject: Re: My personal favorites.   My personal favorites. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 1:54 am

my roommate at the time sold it behind my back when i was in the hospital.

for rent money

cuz he blew all his on weed

no i didn't kill him, though i'd have liked to

dislocated his jaw anyway

it's a start

i bought that thing for 1200 bucks. if i was DESPERATE i coulda sold it for no less than double that.

bastard
Back to top Go down
Galleon

Galleon

PostSubject: Re: My personal favorites.   My personal favorites. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 12:13 am

Only dislocated his jaw? Holy crap that's kind...
Back to top Go down
Zabieru Amunet

Zabieru Amunet

PostSubject: Re: My personal favorites.   My personal favorites. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:39 am

always had a clean police record
wanted to keep it that way
but also wanted to get my point across to him

there was lots of willpower involved to hold back.
Back to top Go down
kissing_cate_barlow

kissing_cate_barlow

PostSubject: Re: My personal favorites.   My personal favorites. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 5:11 pm

i can imagine
i probably wouldn't have been able to hoold back
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My personal favorites.   My personal favorites. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My personal favorites.
Page 1 of 1